- Pay your income tax online in 11 easy steps
The online payment of income tax has become really easy with the recent updates in the income tax portals. To pay the income tax open the link below and follow the process defined in this article:
Step 1 : Select Challan No. 280 to pay income tax except TDS and TCS
Step 2 : Select the Applicable Tax Type
- (0020) Corporation Tax (Companies) – If the tax is to be paid companies
- (0021) Income Tax (Other Than Companies) – If the tax is to be paid for assessee other than companies including individual, HUF, partnership etc.
Step 3 : Select the Type of Payment
- (100) Advance Tax – In case tax is paid for the current assessment year before the end of the financial year i.e. tax is paid before 31st March.
- (102) Surtax – If any tax is payable under Companies (Profits) Surtax Act, 1964
- (106) Tax on Distributed Profit – Tax on dividends by the company payable on or after the 1st day of April, 2003 but on or before the 31st day of March, 2020 (applicable in case of companies).
- (107) Tax on Distributed Income – If any tax is payable on distributed income.
- (110) Secondary Adjustment Tax – This is applicable in case of transfer pricing.
- (111) Accretion Tax – This tax is payable by certain trusts and institutions.
- (300) Self Assessment Tax – In case you are paying tax after the end of the financial year or at the time of filing income tax return.
- (400) Tax on Regular Assessment – In case any tax is payable during the assessment proceedings.
Step 4 : Select the mode of Payment : Choose your desired mode of payment.
Step 5 : Enter the PAN and select the applicable assessment year from the drop down.
Step 6 : Enter your address
Step 7 : Enter the Captcha Code and click on “Proceed” button.
Step 8 : Confirm the details you have entered in the previous page.
Step 9 : If all the details are in order tick on “I agree” and Submit the details to the bank.
Step 10 : System will redirect you the bank’s server for payment.
Step 11 : Download the Challan copy and keep it with you for income tax return filing.