Change in Registered Office Address

Change in Address

₹ 2,490

✓  Quick process

✓  Hassle free

✓  Expert Assistance

Change in Registered Office Address

In case you are moving your Business to some other place then Change in Registered office must be intimated to ROC. We at TaxRodo help you to easily perform all the procedures:

  Expert Assisted Filing        
      Our Team of professional will file the required form with ROC to change the Registered Office Address for your Business.

  Preparation of all the required documents      
      We will prepare all the documentation required to Change in Registered Address of your Company.

Note down the Required Documents

✍ Address proof of new address.
✍ Copy of Notarised Rental Agreement in case of rented property or Sale/Property Deed in case of own property.
✍ Copy of No-objection certificate from Land Owner in case of rented property.
✍ Board Resolution passed for change in registered address.
✍ Declaration for shifting of your Business.

Talk to Our Expert & Get customized Quote

Know how to Change Registered Office Address

The Registered Office of a Company or LLP is the principal place of business for a private/public limited company and all official correspondence from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs is sent to this location.

The registered office of a Company or LLP can be changed within the local limits of any city, town or village where such office is situated by just giving a notice to the concerned Registrar within 30 days after the date of the change. But a special resolution will be required if the change of the registered office is from one village, town, etc., in the same state. Where the place of registered offices is to be altered from one State to another State, the Company or LLP may do so by passing a special resolution and getting confirmation of the Company Law Board. The Company or LLP is also required to give an advertisement in the newspapers indicating the change proposed to be made and also a notice is to be given to the State Government when it is proposed to transfer the registered office from one State to another.

The registered office address can be changed within the local limits of the city, town or village by simply giving notice to the concerned registrar within 30 days from the date of the change. If, however, you are moving the registered office to another state, a special resolution needs to be passed and an advertisement needs to be placed in a newspaper before notice is given to the government.


1. What is Registered Office of a company?

Registered office of the company is nothing but the place of business through which the company gets registered in a particular state. All official letters and reminders are sent to this address from MCA, Income Tax or any other Government Department.

2. My company was registered in Coimbatore, India. However, my entire business base is in US. Can I shift my registered office to US?

No. An Indian company cannot have its registered office in any other country. That defeats the entire purpose of forming an Indian company. In case you want to shift your base to US, you can operate either by opening a Branch of the Indian company in US or by setting up a subsidiary over there.

3. I cannot afford to get a commercial office right now? Can I use my residential property as the registered office of the company?

There is no hard and fast rule that a company has to operate through a commercial space. You can very well start the business through your residential house only.

4. How do I change the registered office of the company?

It depends upon the nature of change, namely: • Change within the same village/town/city • Change within the same Registrar of Company (ROC) jurisdiction, and • Change from one ROC to another ROC jurisdiction.

5. When should the ROC be informed about the change in registered office?

ROC must be notified of the change in Registered Office by filing the appropriate documents within 15 days of change of Registered Office premises.

6. What are different types of Registered Office Shifting?

• Within the Local Limits of the City • Within the limits of the same ROC • Within the same state but different ROC (Only in case of Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu) • From one state to another